Need to energize your vocabulary instruction? Or perhaps you need to help teachers and staff implement Common Core academic vocabulary standards.
Blended Vocabulary: Harnessing the Power of Digital Tools and Effective Instruction will help you understand the what, why, and how of effective instruction. In this K-12 vocabulary book, we show you the most effective ways to implement academic vocabulary in your classroom, school, and district. Blended Vocabulary is the perfect book study for teachers, coaches, and school and district leaders. “Next Steps” included for teachers and Literacy Leadership Teams.
This practical, must-have resource:
- Provides definitions and examples for understanding and implementing tiered and academic vocabulary
- Will help your school create a culture for word learning
- Helps teachers learn how to easily select, teach, and assess vocabulary
- Includes instructional strategies for elementary, secondary, and special populations
- Provides reviews of more than 25 Digital Tools and Apps to support word learning in a blended learning environment
- Provides must-have resources and word lists
After reading this book, you’ll be able to:
- Identify and categorize words into the 3 Tiers
- Understand why the focus of academic vocabulary instruction is on Tier 2 (primarily) and Tier 3 words
- Recognize the top 10 characteristics of effective vocabulary instruction
- Understand how to integrate digital tools into your instruction
- Learn specific strategies to support English learners