I previously published 21 Digital Tools to Build Vocabulary which has been widely read and quite popular with educators. The infographic below summarizes the 21 digital tools in four categories: Reference Tools, Word Clouds, Games & Review, and Word Walls & more. For a more detailed description of each tool, I suggest you read the previous post which includes a brief description of each tool and implications for instruction.
A balanced approach to vocabulary instruction and word learning include both direct and indirect instructional strategies. These digital tools can help broaden your toolkit of resources, activities, and strategies that make up effective vocabulary instruction.
The infographic below summarizes 21 digital tools that can support and enhance your vocabulary instruction.
Latest posts by Kimberly (see all)
- Anchored Word Learning: Read Alouds with a Purpose - February 9, 2016
- Making Word Learning Visual for English Learners - February 6, 2016
- Vocabulary is Key to Learning at Bronx M.S. 22 (and your school!) - February 3, 2016
- The Journey to Writing a Vocabulary Book - January 9, 2016
- 12 Days of Literacy - December 19, 2015